Wednesday 16 November 2011

Expressing with colors!

"Painting is the amalgamation of elements that communicate an idea, a feeling, a mood – and this has to be done with passion!" (Alvaro Castagnet)  How true!! I like to paint, to express myself with colors. It gives me immense pleasure to see the colors gradually take a shape on paper. Painting elevates my mood, eliminates the tension, and soothes my otherwise restless self.

A painting is a 'joy forever', frozen in time. It is an expression of one's sensations and perceptions.
 Nature fascinates me to no end, and i like to express that fascination with colors. I paint not because I am very good at it, but because it makes me happy. Its as simple as that!

Recently i have been experimenting with oil pastels. I find them non messy, easy to handle and very convenient. Here are some of my doodles.













4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasneem, it is a gift to discover something which soothes the soul and gives joy.
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a good job there with oil pastels! I think I should also get started with this medium. That palm and the landscape look very vivid and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! oil pastels are non messy, affordable, and they give a nice efect to the sketches on paper. but on a canvas i prefer oil paints.

      Delete